- Initial telephone conversation and arrange an appointment
- Details of Physiotherapists CV, T&CS, Fees and referral form sent out to you by email for approval
- You complete referral form and consent form prior to appointment
- Initial assessment appointment takes place at your home, child’s school or at Donna’s practice (1 to 1.5 hours)
- We liaise with other professionals involved in your child’s care as necessary
- We recommend a treatment plan to meet your child’s individual needs, discussing with you the frequency of treatment and advise on any equipment purchases necessary if appropriate
- We can teach you/carers to follow any programme we devise
- We can work jointly with NHS Professionals
- We will set goals for your child
- We can provide reports if required
What happens at the initial assessment appointment?
We will provide a thorough assessment of your child’s posture looking closely at his/her spine and how they are able to move their limbs to gain information on what they find easy and what is difficult for them. We suggest that he/she brings shorts & t-shirt to the assessment.
Depending on your child’s age and their condition, we may include assessment of strength, flexibility, range of movement, balance and co-ordination. We use play activities and games as part of assessment and treatment to make it as much fun as possible.